Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We was framed.

People, we've got walls.

It started with a little tiny wall.


 Even Trent recognized that we had a problem here.



Luckily, the contractors weren't finished. By the end of day one of framing we had walls tall enough, even for humans.


I came home from work very excited to see our new walls. I ran up the stairs and to take look but then I noticed the giant square holes in the wall. I poked my head in the door to verify with fiance that these big holes were going to be windows. They were. So I stopped taking pictures, went back inside and plopped down on the couch with a loud sigh to get Jaydee's attention.

"What's wrong?" He looked away from the Crysis 3 (the video game that he has been determined to beat since last Friday) for two milliseconds.

"Oooooh nothing." I replied.

Satisfied that I was fine he went back to his Crysis. What a silly man. Who actually believes it when girls say "Nothing"? So I sighed again and stood up a tiny bit so I could plop down on the couch again. No response. So I reached over to take off his hat.

"WHAT?! What's wrong? Don't touch my hat."

"Oh thanks for asking. Well... nothing really. It's just that the windows are in the wrong spot."

"Uh, excuse me?"


Jaydee wasn't pleased. Didn't I look at the plans? Yes, but I clearly didn't pay enough attention. Was I going to call Brian the contractor to tell him we would like the window moved? No, no I don't really like confrontation. Do I really think this is necessary, you really want to look right at the road? Yes. I think it's wacko to not have a window on the curb facing wall. 

We walked outside to take a look. It was real weird.


Jaydee agreed - the window had to be moved. Sooo he called Brian the contractor and explained that I was being a little baby and that we'd like to have the window moved. Yes, we realized it would cost extra. Yep, we know that the plans that we approved had the window on the side. Uh huh, we've considered that we'll be able to see the road. Alas, even Brian agreed. The window had to be moved.

So the very next day, I came home to this lovely sight.


And you know what, you can't even see the road from inside the bedroom (unless you try to. But really, how often will we try?).


Excellent. Next step roof.


No comments:

Post a Comment